The Network Administrator will work closely with the IT Director and Technology Teacher / Webmaster. To be successful in this position, the network administrator will plan and help coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of the network and ensure the stable operation of all IT assets in an environment where duties change on a day-to-day and seasonal basis. This position maintains the stability of the school’s data, printing, wired, and wireless systems. S/he will often be the initial point of contact to provide support to all users of the computer, WiFi, and other systems at the school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains the network infrastructure, including all servers, firewalls, switches, WiFi equipment, and other network equipment.
- Creates and manages user accounts in Active Directory, Google (Gmail and Gsuite), and other services as needed.
- Provides direct support / Help Desk for printer, laptop, smartphone, tablet, and workstation issues.
- Maintains strict privacy / confidentiality in all matters.
- Creates, updates, and maintains backup files of servers and config files.
- Installs network cabling, terminates cables, and tests network connectivity.
- Manages network security and monitors network performance and protocols (DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Makes technology recommendations for hardware/software upgrades or improvements.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of all computers, software, and SSL Certificates.
- Shares on-call time on weekends / off hours with IT Director
- Participates in end-user events, as appropriate, i.e. client training.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive Knowledge of complex networked environments – both wired and wireless.
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, Windows Server, Gmail, and GSuite Apps.
- Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7 – 10), Mac OSX, iOS, Android, and Papercut printing.
- Experience with VLANs and ACLs
- Experience with a variety of computer hardware, printers, digital cameras, etc.
- Experience with network security and endpoint protection.
- Ability to work with individuals with a range of technological expertise in a courteous and professional manner consistent with the core values and culture of the school.
- Ability to remain calm and supportive with users in the midst of a technology "crisis."
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a team environment.
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, self-directed and punctual.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Environment: A 210+ student (Grades 9-12 and PG) boarding private high school on 450 acres in rural Vermont
Physical Demands: able to do a combination of sit, stand and lift up to 40 lbs. for at least 8 hours per day, including some ladder work; occasional after hours, weekend and/ or weeknight obligations.
Job Status: Full time exempt.
Working Relationships: students, parents, outside vendors and all other employees.
Education / License / Skills Qualifications:
- 4 year college degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in IT preferred, especially network related experience.
- Organization-level backup experience preferred.
- Technical support experience, Microsoft, Apple, Google, or Cisco certifications preferred.
- Experience with phone systems a plus.
- Experience with classroom teaching/workshop training a plus
Position start date is July of 2018.
Part-Time Vocal Position
The Vermont Academy Performing Arts Department seeks motivated and passionate applicants in the position available for the 2018-19 academic year. Please send a resume and letter of interest to department chair Steve Cady at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-Time Vocal Position:
Vermont Academy seeks a piano-proficient and enthusiastic vocal music teacher to guide choral ensembles and musically direct a staged musical. This position includes ensemble rehearsal, musical theater rehearsal, classroom teaching, and also supports a private studio of voice students as an addendum to the contract.Full-Time Spanish teacher Position
Vermont Academy is seeking a full-time Spanish teacher who is passionate about working with adolescents and teaching language. The World Language department believes fully in immersion-style teaching and combines this approach with a high level of energy, varied activities, excellent organization as well as the philosophy of backwards design. This teacher would also be responsible for working with our students in the afternoons either as a coach or as a coordinator of an afternoon activity. As Vermont Academy is a boarding school, the teacher will also fulfill dormitory responsibilities either by living in a dorm or by serving as an assistant dorm parent.
Please send a resume and letter of interest to World Language Chair Laura Frey at email@example.com
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Vermont Academy is seeking a part-time Assistant Athletic Trainer. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: working with the Head Athletic Trainer to provide medical coverage both on the field and in the training room for injured athletes during practices and events as well providing rehabilitation services in coordination with health care providers.
Bachelor’s degree, BOC certification, CPR certification required.
Please send letter of interest and resume to:
Robin Patch, MA, RN
Director of Health Services