Vermont Academy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Vermont Academy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Executive Assistant & Office Manager
The Executive Assistant & Office Manager reports to the Assistant Head of School & Director of External Relations, and provides support for the the front offices, including Head of School Office, Office of Institutional Advancement, Admissions Office, and reception area. This position is also the primary school receptionist and office manager for the front offices. The ideal candidate will possess strong communications, computer and database skills, along with a keen sense of diplomacy and confidentiality. This is a full-time, twelve-month position with benefits. Occasional evenings and weekends will be necessary.
- Provide primary phone coverage for the school
- Provide a warm welcome to all visitors and callers to the school
- Book travel for the Head of School, Advancement and Admissions officers
- Manage and coordinate calendars and travel schedules for the Head of School, Assistant Head of School & Director of External Affairs, and Admissions/Enrollment Director
- Manage Trustee activities, events, and communications
- Serve as coordinator for all-school events and awards such as Convocation, Commencement, etc. with the appropriate departments/personnel
- Coordinate weekly all-school calendar meetings, including conflict resolution
- Manage files - paper and electronic - for the offices
- Daily data entry for each office, including gift entry, address changes, inquiries, and new students/families
- Generate letters and email correspondence for executives, as requested
- Organize annual events for faculty and staff (e.g. holiday party, opening and closing faculty parties)
- Provide administrative and event support for all-school and front office events and mailings
- Monitor, order, and distribute front office supplies, including copiers
- Manage and organize the faculty lounge and reception area(s) equipment, supplies, and overall appearance
- Assist with front office candidate visits and new hire on-boarding schedules
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Database experience required.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Google Suite (e.g. Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs) are a must.
- Possess a patient and flexible work style, along with a willingness to take responsibility for his/her work.
- Must be resourceful, able to work well in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize workload.
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality, diplomacy, and responsiveness is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Customer service, organizational, and collaborative skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Possess a clear understanding of the mission, values, organization and traditions of an independent school.
For consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to:
Melanie Hoffmann, Assistant Head of School & Director of External Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.orgNo phone calls please.
Part-time/Per Diem Nurse
Vermont Academy, a private independent boarding school in southern Vermont, is seeking a registered nurse to join the Health Services team on a per diem basis. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: assessment, triage and treatment of acute illness and injury, medication administration and management, coordination and management of student health issues and communication with faculty, parents and health care providers. Academic year schedule. Weekend and evening availability a must.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred. Current Vermont RN license, CPR certification, 3 or more years nursing experience required. School nursing, primary care and/or emergency room experience preferred.
Please send letter of interest and resume to:
Robin Patch, MA, RN
Vermont Academy Director of Health Services
10 Long Walk
P.O. Box 500
Saxtons River, VT 05154