Reports to: Director of Communications and Marketing
The Content Media Specialist is responsible for developing content for the school's internal and external communications with the ultimate goal of supporting the school's mission and priorities. They will assist in campus wide marketing to keep current and prospective families, as well as alumni informed, involved and investing in the school. They will also promote campus activities to strengthen the involvement of faculty and staff, alumni, volunteers, and other constituents important to the school. This position will report to the Director of Communications and Marketing as well as collaborate with key staff in Admissions, Advancement, and throughout campus.
Areas of focus include but need not be limited to increasing the engagement of various constituencies and stakeholders, and enrollment. Candidates should have experience writing for a variety of mediums to connect constituents to Vermont Academy, including digital and print publications, newsletters, e-blasts, and other digital and web content. They will work as a member of the advancement team and support the enrollment and admissions office efforts to help enroll, retain and engage VA families. The ideal candidate thrives working collaboratively and being part of a community.Essential Responsibilities include:
● Under the guidance of the Director of Communication and Marketing, develop and implement a strategic social media plan along with implementing and reinforcing our social media policy and guidelines.
● Actively participate in creating and executing an annual communications and marketing content calendar, collaborating with other members of the school community to ensure timely delivery of materials.
● As a subset of the broader communications and marketing calendar, create and execute a social media strategy including the development and publishing of content across all key channels, and partnering with Admissions and Advancement, ensure alignment to strategy, engagement of current and potential families; alumni involvement, donor support and other constituency engagement goals.
● Capture and create visual and written content for use in a variety of communications channels (digital and print) including social media, the school website, e-communications, newsletters, the school’s magazine-Vermont Academy Way, traditional media, and fundraising appeals.
● Assist in copywriting, curating, and monitoring the school’s social media channels.
● Build and cultivate relationships with faculty, students, and staff in order to capture and share the school’s story and strategic pillars through images, video, and words.
○ With videography and photography, capture snippets of school life, including classroom activities, athletics, special events and assemblies.
○ Create videos and/or slideshows for sharing and building engagement with our different constituents including current parents, prospective families, and alumni.
○ Write short news stories to be posted on the school’s website, social media channels, and weekly newsletter.
● Assist with the design and production of creatives for printed and electronic materials for the following:
○ School-wide community events including e-flyers, posters, and invitations
○ Admissions, including digital and printed advertising, paid social advertising, event
invitations, flyers and publicity
○ Annual Fund and restricted giving or Capital Campaigns
● Manage and maintain the school’s digital asset management systems for still images and video content. Coordinate the school's video/photography calendar.
● Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Manager to ensure brand consistency and uniformity of visual assets across all communications platforms.
● Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to update website content as directed.
● Participate in the school community as a contributing member through committee work, regular faculty/staff meetings and professional development opportunities.
● Create, edit, and distribute content for the weekly parent/family newsletter
● Serve on the website management team.
● Support residential life by performing duties as required.
● Actively participate in the life of the Academy by being a visible presence at meals, meetings, events, productions, and games.
● Perform other duties as requested, delegated, or assigned.Minimum Qualifications/Requirements/Competencies:
● Bachelor's degree in communication, marketing, journalism, or related field
● Minimum of three years of communications experience in a face-paced environment (preferably in an educational setting)
● Excellent oral and written communications skills, exhibiting strong grammatical knowledge, and AP style
● Experience with content management systems, email, and social media platforms. Ability to use Google Apps, Blackbaud On Suite.
● Extensive experience with videography, photography, and editing tools in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, InDesign).
● Fluency with social media platforms including but not limited to: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and TikTok, as well as scheduling tools and digital media analytics tools.
● A portfolio that demonstrates the candidate’s creativity, expertise and experience with both visual written storytelling and graphic design projects
● Demonstrated ability to navigate and/or learn new tech tools including website content management systems and email marketing software.
● Ability to effectively meet deadlines and work in a diverse academic environment.
● Ability to manage multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, and continuously improve communication efforts.
● Commitment to teamwork and the ability to collaborate with all levels of faculty and staff to align communications materials with the school's mission.
● Sense of humor, and an appreciation of teamwork in an educational setting.
● Flexibility, productivity, and accuracy are musts.
Please mail or email, Letter of Interest, and resume to: email@example.comNo phone calls, please.