Timeline of Activities
Below is an outline of what we ask Vermont Academy class reps to help with for communications with your class. There may be other times during the year when a class rep is encouraged to reach out to classmates to stay engaged in the class, promote alumni events, and collect class notes.
Proposed Timeline of Activities
September: Email Classmates/Fall Events/Class Notes
- Use the start of the school year to connect with classmates, ask for updated contact information and class notes.
- Share information about the opening of school.
- Re-familiarize yourself with the resources available to you, including the web site and portal.
October: Make a Gift to Vermont Academy
- When you receive your solicitation, please be a leader by making your own gift.
November: First Annual Giving Solicitation Follow Up
- Send postcards, emails or letters encouraging classmates to give to Vermont Academy. Or work with Tonia to accomplish this.
December: End of Calendar Year Annual Giving Follow Up
- Remind classmates that the end of the year is a good time to give for tax reasons.
February: Email Classmates/Spring Events/Class Notes
- Use this time to connect with classmates, ask for updated contact information and class notes. Share upcoming alumni events and other important information
April: One Day for VA Preparation
- Promote One Day for VA with classmates on social media, email, and phone. Participation is the most important part of this event. A gift of any size matters.
May: One Day for VA
- Make a gift for One Day for VA. Thank your classmates who also gave.
June: Annual Giving Fiscal Year End Follow Up/Last Push
- Send emails to remind classmates to give before the end of the fiscal year. Templates will be sent to you.