We are pleased to announce an in-person Family Weekend! We are all looking forward to seeing you on campus and engaging in interesting conferences and events.
Parent-Teacher-Student Conference Information
These conferences are one of the most valuable features of the Fall Family Weekend! This year we are offering both Zoom and in-person options.
To schedule your conference time:
- Thursday’s conferences will be conducted through Zoom only.
- Friday and Saturday conferences will be in-person or through Zoom.
1. Login to MySchoolApp
2. Click on "2021 Parent/Teacher Conference Signup"
3. Follow the prompts to set up your Zoom or in-person conferences (you can schedule a mix if that is what you want).
- We are NOT offering in-person conferences on Thursday. Software limitations will allow you to schedule what appears to be an "in-person conference" on that day. It will actually be a Zoom conference and the teacher will send you a link to attend.
- If you want a mix of in-person and Zoom meetings you need to change the type of meeting at the top of the page before choosing the time.
- If you want all in-person conferences then schedule them for Friday and Saturday.
Please send any conference scheduling questions to IT@vermontacademy.org
. Other Family Weekend questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
When signing up for conference times, please confirm with your student that they are available. It is highly recommended that students participate in their conferences.
In addition, our conference signup will close at midnight on Wednesday, October 6. After that time, parents can sign up for conferences when they register on campus, if space is available. If a parent is unable to schedule an appointment, they should contact their student’s advisor and each teacher directly to schedule a Zoom appointment at a mutually agreeable time.
Vermont Academy Parents Association (VAPA) Auction
And for a bit of fun, and “fun”draising, please visit the Vermont Academy Parents Association (VAPA) auction. There are many great prizes donated by fellow parents and local businesses including travel, skiing, and VA swag. You can visit the site here
. The auction opens on October 1 and will close at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, October 8. Proceeds go to support VAPA and its activities, which include faculty appreciation and support for initiatives that positively impact student life.
If You're Coming to Campus... (And We Hope You Do!)See the schedule
for all the fun and educational events we're offering! Please register using the form below.
Please keep in mind that to keep this a safe and healthy event, we will be following certain special guidelines.
- If you are feeling ill, please postpone your visit until another time.
- Siblings may attend, but are required to stay with their parents at all times.
- Building access will be limited to the Horowitz Performing Arts Hall, Shepardson Student Center and Dining Hall, and the Hospitality tent.
Thank you for understanding. We hope you can join us!