The Application Process
Contact the Admissions Office at (802)-869-6200 to express your interest in Vermont Academy and complete our online Inquiry Form.INQUIRE NOWThe Interview
Interviews are currently conducted virtually via Zoom. Prospective students can expect a conversational interview with an admissions officer. The interview should last approximately 20 minutes. We reserve a total of 45 minutes for your appointment to ensure time for questions.
*Prior to your interview, you must submit an Inquiry Form
To schedule your interview, please call our office at (802)-869-6229 or send us an email at email@example.com.Submit your Application
Your completed application is due February 1.
Vermont Academy offers two application options: The Standard Application Online (Preferred) or Gateway to Prep Schools Application.APPLY NOW
The SAO application includes the following components:
- Applicant information
- Student essays
- Parent questionnaire
- Current and prior year transcripts
- Graded writing sample
- Recommendations: current Math Teacher, Principal or Guidance Counselor, and English Teacher (standardized forms sent via SAO directly to the teacher, principal or guidance counselor)
The Character Skills Snapshot testing is required for all students.
Vermont Academy's admission process is holistic and, consistent with our mission, places a premium on character as well as excellence. Take the Character Skills Snapshot
For applicants who are not native English-speakers and/or have not attended school where English is the language of instruction during the last two years, Vermont Academy requires secondary language testing
. We accept TOEFL (school code 6892), IELTS and Duolingo scores.
Given the uncertainty regarding the availability of standardized testing options, we will not require all other forms of testing for the 2021-22 application.
If testing options are available, submission of scores is optional.
Any students with diagnosed learning differences must submit educational testing.Scholarship Opportunities
- For 9th and 10th grade applicants, we accept the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Be sure to list Vermont Academy as a school where your child is applying. Our SSAT school code is 7936.
- We will also accept the ISEE for 9th and 10th grade applicants in lieu of the SSAT.
- For 11th, 12th and PG applicants, VA accepts the PSAT, SAT or ACT. All test results should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vermont Academy awards non-need based merit scholarships connected to each of the four values: ingenuity, independence, community, and love of the land. Please refer to our Scholarship Opportunities
page for additional information and instructions.Tour our Campus (optional)
In order to keep our community as safe and healthy as possible in the midst of COVID-19, we are currently not allowing walking visitors to campus for the foreseeable future. During these times, we are still able to conduct drive-thru and virtual tours of our beautiful campus. Please contact our admissions office to schedule your tour of campus at (802)-869-6200 or email@example.com.