The Application Process
Contact the Admissions Office at (802)-869-6200 to express your interest in Vermont Academy and complete our online Inquiry Form.INQUIRE NOWThe Interview
Our campus is open for in-person interviews.
Submit your ApplicationWe are accepting applications on a rolling basis for the fall of 2021.
Whether you choose to visit our campus in person or interview virtually, we are so excited to meet you! Should you choose a virtual interview, we are conducting all virtual interviews via Zoom.
The interview should last approximately 20 minutes. We reserve a total of 45 minutes for your appointment to ensure time for questions.
Our online Inquiry Form
is required before scheduling your interview with Vermont Academy.
Contact our admissions office to schedule your interview & optional campus tour.
Vermont Academy offers two application options: The Standard Application Online (Preferred) or Gateway to Prep Schools Application.APPLY NOW
The SAO application includes the following components:
- Applicant information
- Student essays
- Parent questionnaire
- Current and prior year transcripts
- Graded writing sample
- Recommendations: current Math Teacher, Principal or Guidance Counselor, and English Teacher (standardized forms sent via SAO directly to the teacher, principal, or guidance counselor)
The Character Skills Snapshot testing is required for all students.
Vermont Academy's admission process is holistic and, consistent with our mission, places a premium on character as well as excellence. Take the Character Skills Snapshot
For applicants who are not native English-speakers and/or have not attended a school where English is the language of instruction during the last two years, Vermont Academy requires secondary language testing
. We accept TOEFL (school code 6892), IELTS, and Duolingo scores.
Given the uncertainty regarding the availability of standardized testing options, we will not require all other forms of testing for the 2021-22 application.
All test results should be sent directly to email@example.com.
If testing options are available, submission of scores is optional.
- For 9th and 10th grade applicants, we accept the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Be sure to list Vermont Academy as a school where your child is applying. Our SSAT school code is 7936.
- We will also accept the ISEE for 9th and 10th-grade applicants in place of the SSAT.
- For 11th, 12th, and PG applicants, VA accepts the PSAT, SAT, or ACT.
- Any students with diagnosed learning differences must submit educational testing.
Vermont Academy awards non-need-based merit scholarships connected to each of the four values: ingenuity, independence, community, and love of the land. Please refer to our Scholarship Opportunities
page for additional information and instructions.Tour our Campus (optional)Our campus is now open to in-person tours!
We offer several other tour options for families who cannot meet the requirements to visit us in person. Please visit our Visit Campus Page
to choose your tour option.