Vermont Academy Purpose, Mission and Core Beliefs
Vermont Academy Statement of Purpose
Vermont Academy is a small secondary school, primarily boarding in nature, that sees the potential and value of every student and prepares them to thrive in college and life.
Vermont Academy Mission Statement
By providing a supportive community and close personal attention to its students, Vermont Academy develops confident, active learners and respectful citizens.
Vermont Academy Core Beliefs
Each member of the Vermont Academy community:
• is important, has worth and dignity, and is viewed as an asset;
• acts with the highest level of honesty and integrity;
• will grow and develop, and is given the opportunity to do so here;
• seeks and gives help when appropriate;
• strives to achieve high and reasonable standards in the pursuit of personal excellence;
• cultivates strengths and seeks to overcome challenges;
• embraces personal and direct interaction to address issues and resolve differences;
• considers the impact of their actions on both the immediate and world community for the benefit of present and future generations.